Moving Forward... :)

 It's been quite a while since I have posted anything on my blog or in the Facebook pages. I was extremely busy at work for the first half of this year so only had a little time to work on my boat. In April I scarfed all of my stringers & chines & they are machined and ready to fit. Also did some other frame work , but not a lot. In July I went to Greece to sail in the Aegean 600 yacht race. 600 miles around the islands of the Aegean Sea. It was a bloody hard race with winds getting up & over 50 knots at times. My wife came to Greece after the race & we had 3 weeks travelling around Greece. We had a great time. So when I returned home I tried to avoid paid work and spent 2 full weeks on my boat. So where am I at now? All of my frames are ready to stand  on the jig, All of my stringers, chines & keel frames are ready to be fitted. I am preparing the jig base and looking to start standing frames. So there you go ...  Im still here and excited about the next stage. I will try to be more regular with my posts. 


  


Laminating & fitting hanging knees 

------------------------------------



Adding plywood gussets 
-----------------------------------------------------------


Scarfing Bulkhead D1


Frame B






                                                           Compression Posts Bulkhead D1



Bunk Longitudinal's with knotch out for frames & keel frames 




Frame E 



My jig for cutting stringer & chine scarfs straight off the bench saw


FOOT NOTE

In the Aegean 600 this year there was two older guys who sailed in a 30 year old Mini 650. Those two guys were in their 70's I would say. Amazing effort. So as the crew from the boat I was on were having a few beers after the race, I suggested to my good friend & yacht rigger, Westy , that we should enter my boat & do it two handed in 2024. I sort of said it as a joke, but Westy loves the idea & now we are committed. 
So another reason is that I need to have my boat in Lanzarotte for the Transatlantic qualifier for the MGR in 2024. It's only a hop, skip & a jump from Lavrion in Greece to Lanzarotte. I have to confirm with the Aegean 600 organisers to see if my boat can enter, but I cant see why not. 
If any other builders are interested, we might be able to have a little fleet of Globe 580's in the 2024 Aegean 600. Let me know if you're interested.      







Comments