What is it all about ? : Why am I doing it ?


What is it all about ?
Basically you build your own boat out of plywood, timber, fibreglass, etc. Add all of the other bits like mast, sails, electrics, self steering, safety gear etc. Put it all in a 20 foot container and ship it to Portugal. Fill it full of food and water, maybe a few beers, and in November 2024 head off in an around the world race, single handed, with 29 other people who have also built their own boat. There is seven stages to the race, over a year in duration. What could be more fun ?

Why am I doing it ?
Well I've spent just about all of my working life building, repairing and restoring boats of all kinds and not enough time enjoying them. Some call it the "boatbuilders curse". It's not that I don't enjoy my work, I feel lucky to love what I do. But the time has come to have more me time. So what do you do in your me time? You build boat , but this one is for me.
I know there is a long way to go but I have a set of plans and plenty of materials I've stashed away over the years. I am aiming to do the Mini Globe Race in 2024. 
Fingers crossed . :)
The Boat , yes its small.


Maybe it wont be Yellow

Comments

  1. Great idea! Your yacht will be super solid and amazing ! I sow your FB page)) Good luck!!
    From Russia with love!)))
    Ross hull 127

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment